CHRONIC ASTHMA DNA PROFILE
DNA Tests for:
- Aspergillus spp.
- Chlamydia pneumoniae
- Mycoplasma spp. (M. pneumoniae, M. fermentans,
M. hominis, M. penetrans)
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Legionella spp.
- Whole blood (5ml) in lavender EDTA tube
- Sputum specimen or throat swab in sterile container
- Bronchial washing or bronchoalveolar lavage in sterile container
Asthma - respiratory disease: a disease of the respiratory
system, sometimes caused by allergies, with symptoms including coughing,
sudden difficulty in breathing, and a tight feeling in the chest.
Contact your physician
HOW TO ORDER TEST
- Download submission form (follow this link)
- Talk to your physician to select the appropriate DNA profile or tests
To ensure proper medical attention and result interpretation, Health Genetic Center requires all samples for infectious pathogens to be submitted by licensed physicians. The results of the findings will be sent to physician's office.
- Arrange sample collection through your physician or call us at 416-658-2041 to set up blood collection.
- All samples for infectious testing should be submitted by a courier service. Please, follow this link for shipping instructions.