RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS DNA PROFILE
DNA Tests for:
- Chlamydia spp. (C. pneumoniae, C. trachomatis,
- Human herpesvirus 6
- Mycoplasma spp. (M. pneumoniae, M. fermentans,
M. hominis, M. penetrans)
- Whole blood (5ml) in lavender EDTA tube
- Synovial fluid in sterile container
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a complex autoimmune disease affecting 1–2% of general worldwide population. The etiopathogenesis of RA involves the interplay of multiple genetic risk factors and environmental triggers. Microbial infections are believed to play an important role in the initiation and perpetuation of RA. Recent clinical studies have shown the association of microbial infections with RA. Accumulated studies using animal models have also found that microbial infections can induce and/or exaggerate the symptoms of experimental arthritis.
Contac us for more information.
Contact your physician
Note: The DNA testing information provided by Health Genetic Center is for research, informational, and educational use only. The DNA testing services are not intended to be used by patients for any diagnostic purpose and are not a substitute for professional medical advice. Patients should always seek the advice of the physician or other health care provider with any questions patients may have regarding diagnosis, cure, treatment, mitigation, or prevention of any disease or other medical condition or impairment or the status of patient’s health.
HOW TO ORDER TEST
- Download submission form (follow this link)
- Talk to your physician to select the appropriate DNA profile or tests
To ensure proper medical attention and result interpretation, Health Genetic Center requires all samples for DNA testing for infectious pathogens to be submitted by physicians only. The results of the findings will be sent to physician's office.
- Arrange sample collection through your physician.
- All samples for infectious testing should be submitted by a courier service. Please, follow this link for shipping instructions.